Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The TRIP

For those of you I haven't talked to in a while... I've taken a new position at my company and as part of my training I am going to be in Sydney, Australia for most of September. I will be leaving Nashville on Sept 4 and I'll be back on October 6. Some of you may notice that Sept 4 is the day I'll be leaving Dragon Con. So yeah... I'm going to have to pack twice before I leave.

My new task is going to be writing device drivers so that the devices manufactured by my company (power monitoring devices mostly) will be able to talk to the software developed by a company recently purchased by my parent company.

I'm really excited about the work and I'm really excited about my trip.

One thing I have found out in planning for this trip is that power conversion is much easier these days. You know all those "bricks" on our plugs these days? Well look at them closely... most say they accept 110 - 240 V and 50 - 60 Hz... well that covers most of the world. So all I had to get was plug converters. The only exception was the plug to my nintendo DS which I can't live without. I did find on line that I could order a plug which will convert. It only cost me 3.99 but the shipping was 5 dollars. Still the whole thing was less than 10 dollars... so a bargain... like I said... life without my DS, not going there.

6 comments:

ceeelcee said...

Travel safe! I'll be reading.

Unknown said...

It is too bad this won't be available until after you get back!

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=180344

Unknown said...

I wish you had a live journal account. I check that everyday. I'll have to remember to come here to read about your trip though. Australia is one of the places I always wanted to go.

Kerowyn

caleramomlove said...

I think I have this all figured out. This is my first time to blog, but when your beloved daughter goes to Australia, you have to get with the program. I am so excited for you. You will have to tell us every thing. Much love will travel with you. And much love will stay with Todd.

Polly said...

You need to brong home one of these to entertain your spider monkey aka Monanoke....

Potoroo

Unknown said...

We are loving your blog and how you are keeping us up to date on your
adventures!
Happy anniversary to you and Todd, even tho you did spend it apart.
Todd has just got to get his passport for your next trip.
Love Aunt Joyce, Uncle Don and Grandma
PS This was Grandma's first time on You Tube!