Thursday, October 4, 2007

Last night in Sydney

So tomorrow I go home. I have looked at my itinerary and realized that I only have 2 hours in LA. During that time I am expected to get my luggage... go through immigration... go through customs... change buildings and catch my next flight... I'm not holding out much hope.

My flight leaves here at 1:30 pm on Friday the 5th. It arrives in LA at 9:30 am Friday the 5th (I just LOVE time travel). My next flight leaves at 11:30 am and arrives in Nashville sometime around 5 pm. Oh Joy.. I'm looking forward to another fight with jet lag. I am going to run with Polly Saturday morning because I figure that is the best way to try to get back on schedule. I really need to be back on Nashville time ASAP because the head of our project, from France, will be in the office next week so I really need to be in the office for any meetings or discussions.

I have a few more origami pictures to post. I made another globe and a couple of boxes. I couple of ladies (Margaret and Coleen) in the office were very interested and I gave them links and names of books to get... I hope they follow through.

Tonight I went shopping and finally found a store that carried origami paper. They also had a lot of other specialty papers. I bought a few very expensive sheets of wood block paper (Yuzen?). I also got a few last souvineers. I was trying to spend the last of my australian cash too. But then when I went outside there was a group playing real Australian folk music... and selling CDs... I didn't have enough cash left and I had left my camera in the hotel figuring I wasn't going to take pictures of the mall. Oh well... they were wonderfull... I listened to their last song and really enjoyed it. They reminded me of the Kingston Trio.

I've got a last work phone call at 10... that usually lasts until 12... then I'm going to try to stay up so that I sleep a lot on the plane. I doubt it will help much... but I'll try.

See everyone in Nashville soon!!!

No comments: